Part-time Medical Assistants, are you looking for an opportunity to take the next step in your career working with one of the region’s most respected healthcare organizations? Join us at Chestnut Family Health Center, a division of Chestnut Health Systems. We are a private, not-for-profit charitable organization offering comprehensive scope of integrated health care that is focused on delivery of patient centered, whole person care including primary care and behavioral care.
Due to our extended growth, we are seeking a part-time Medical Assistant to join our team in Bloomington, IL. In this position you will play a key role providing support for medical staff, administrating and evaluating medical tests, taking and documenting vital signs, and assisting with medical examinations all in an ambulatory setting. Bring your enthusiasm and compassion to help others and we will provide you with a nurturing caring environment in which to work. Contact us today; we definitely want to hear from you! No weekends or evenings required!
• Provide support services for medical staff as appropriate.
• Administer and evaluate medical tests as appropriate.
• Take and document vital signs.
• Prepare and assist with medical examinations.
• Other duties as assigned.
We are looking for a multi-skilled and detail-oriented MA - Medical Assistant who combines a caring and adaptable personality, with strong knowledge of nursing and medical practices. It is also important that you display exceptional verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of population.
Specific qualifications for this health care assistant role include:
• High school diploma or GED.
• Medical Assistant certification.
• Prior experience as a Medical Assistant in primary care, urgent care, family practice, or other ambulatory outpatient setting.
• Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Office pack.
• Experience charting in an electronic medical record EMR.
• Willingness to submit and to pass background check.
This part-time position includes eligibility for our retirement savings plan with company match and employee assistance program.
Chestnut Health Systems is a leading provider of behavioral and primary health care services. Over four decades, Chestnut has grown to over 700 committed, compassionate employees providing substance use, mental health and primary care treatment to patients in Central and Southern Illinois. We provide fully integrated care for all of our patients by combining behavioral health care services with our community-based primary care health centers. Chestnut also conducts research and training throughout the U.S.A.
For immediate consideration see us at www.chestnut.org/employment
Chestnut welcomes applications from qualified individuals with recovery experience.
EOE - Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled